Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter fun

We had a busy week full of Easter tradition; we made cookies, decorated easter eggs, did an easter egg hunt and went to church. I am now exhausted and have a head cold. It was so exciting to get to do all these fun things with Clayton for the first time and watch his reactions. Clayton enjoyed the Easter egg dying. By the end of it his hands were green and he was a bit distraught that they weren't coming clean when we wiped them with a towel.Our street has an Easter egg hunt for the kids every year and this was the first year Clayton got to particpate. He is the youngest of all the kids. He had fun picking up the eggs and was more interested in seeing what was in them than collecting them. He likes instant gratification I guess. Today we went to church and celebrated the resurrection of Jesus, our Lord and Savior. Although Clayton doesn't understand what Easter is all about I found a cute book that we have been reading to him called My Easter Basket and the True Story of Easter by Mary Manz Simon. When we ask him where Jesus is, he will point to the man in the book. This will be a great book that I look forward to using next year to put together an Easter basket for him and teach him the Easter story.
The Easter basket Clayton is holding was mine when I was little that my great grandmother made. Our neighbor was so kind to come over and take a family photo. Notice Brody has a tie on, he was the only one at church wearing one. Not a big deal but it is just crazy to me how casual dressed we have become, growing up I always remember my dad wearing slacks, a dress shirt and tie to church. Times have changed!

1 comment:

  1. so cute! i'm glad clayton had a great easter too. that's a cute family picture! i love claytons pants. :) and those nests were delicious, as always! ::

    ReplyDelete