Sunday, April 26, 2009

A little bit of Paradise....

We took about 200 pictures and I feel like we didn't take enough; sometimes I get so caught up in enjoying the moments I forget to capture them on film.
We were greeted with fresh flower leis when we got off the airplane. Hawaii was much more beautiful than I imagined. It was so green and lush with vegetation and beautiful flowers, and the ocean was amazing. There is something about being at the ocean that bring such peace to me. Our week was filled with sight-seeing, sandcastle building, morning walks along the ocean shore, admiring the fish, snails, frogs, and chickens, swimming in the pools, and afternoon naps. We were up at 4:30 or should I say Clayton; and were the first ones in line at starbucks across the street in the morning. Clayton loved walking in the sand and after the first time he would say "off" to take his shoes off when he hit the beach. He also didn't mind tasting it and even enjoyed sand covered strawberries.
The waterslides were lots of fun, and after we went down once, it was "more,more" even if his mouth was chattering because he was cold.Brody and I would both say that the luau we attended was the highlight of our trip. It was complete with a pig roast and all the fixings, bottomless mai tai's, and hawaiian dancing. Clayton was highly entertained by the dancers and at the end (the guy that he is looking at in the picture) did a hawaiian dance with fire. I wished I would have got a picture of Clayton's face because he was just facinated with the guy. Brody took him up to talk to him afterwards. I couldn't get my camera out fast enough to capture him high fiving the guy and giving him nuckles. We had such a wonderful time and I really enjoyed every moment. It was great to disconnect from our everyday life. I even took time off from some of my everyday roles, Brody grocery shopped and cooked most of our meals. I felt very pampered! It was a great way to celebrate the beginning of my last year of 20s.

No comments:

Post a Comment