Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Our new home

We close on our home in 3 days! I can't wait to unpack and decorate. We have been boxed up since the end of October, it will be like Christmas all over again for Clayton.

After Brody was offered his new job in Omaha, I flew out to look at houses with my Uncle who is our real estate agent. We spent 2 1/2 days looking at houses and I didn't walk into one house and get the feeling that it was the right one. So we found a rental with a 4 month lease and continued our house search once we got settled.

We walked into this house and I told Brody and Steve, "Maybe they have cookies for us". They did and they were still warm! Yum! I have to joke now that the cookies sold us.

Here are some pictures of our new place. It is really hard to take pictures to really see what the house it like. I will take more once we are moved in.

This is our living room. I can't wait for a fireplace! To the right is the dining room and kitchen. To the left is 3 bedrooms and stairs to the basement.
The kitchen of my dreams! A huge walk in pantry and lots of counter space to cook and bake. I can't wait to make valentine's goodies in a couple weeks.

My built in desk right in the center of the house. No more sharing an office with Brody!
The basement is unfinished. We are planning on doing all the work ourselves and hope to have it complete before baby is born in July. We will be putting in a bathroom, Brody's office, a guest room and have a family room down there. All you guests that come to visit will have your own private living quarters.

No comments:

Post a Comment