Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Adjusting

December 6 was our first snow! It lasted for 3 days and amounted to 15+ inches. By day 3, we had to get out of the house, so I shoveled out the car and 2 hours later we were off to my Aunt's house just around the corner.




We were suppose to get another huge snow storm coming in the week of Christmas, so my mom, Clayton and I drove back to McCook with my cousin and Brody followed the next day. He drove in the storm but luckily made it before is was bad and interstate was closed down.

The snow is only fun for a short while with Clayton and then he is too cold! Temperatures have been below 10 degrees for the high since Christmas. This has been the hardest thing to adjust to with us being able to play outdoors almost all 365 days out of the year in California.

I have realized that Clayton and I are just not homebodies! We like to be busy, out doing things during the day. I have found out when it snows, everything closes down for days! We had such a great routine in California: Tues-swimming, Wed-music, Fri-park. We were surrounded by lots of friends. Not having that routine after the move has made me a little crazy lately, but I feel it is coming. I signed Clayton up for gymnastics on Wed. and music on Thrus. We also have the Early Childhood Learning Center that we can drop into any time during the day when schools are open. Lately, Clayton asks to go there about every day. It was been a great outlet for us with art activies, story time, music and a exercise room. I got to know a couple mothers there too with children the same age as Clayton.

We tried out a church the first weekend in January, Vineyard of Omaha. We were at a Vineyard church in California so I was glad to find one here. We like it and are excited to get involved and be apart of it. We have been able to leave Clayton in the nursery the last two times which hasn't been very successful since he has been born.

After church on Sunday the 3rd, we headed over to take some measurement in our new house only to discover we didn't have the house key. It had fell out of Brody's pocket. He retraced his steps back to the place we ate lunch and back to the church only to find no key. Tuesday we recieved a call from the church that they had found our key. I was reminded that day that my heavenly father is the key to helping me through this adjustment period. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding' in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6.

No comments:

Post a Comment