Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Baby Sister?

At dinnertime last week, Clayton wanted to say the pray. "Thank you Jesus for Daddy, Mommy, Doggy, and BABY SISTER." I was a little shocked by his words. We had talked about a baby brother/sister but didn't know yet what we were having. My ultrasound was a couple days later and we decided we were going to find out. Here is a picture of me the day of the ultrasound at 21 weeks. I feel huge, but then I talk to some people and they are shocked to know I am pregnant, so maybe it is just me.

Yes, we are indeed having a baby girl! The ultrasound tech was pretty sure of it and she even got a pretty good picture. Our little Clayton really did know. I am in awe at how our Father uses our children to help us as parents to love, honor and serve him more. I am so thankful for our boy and the love he already has for his heavenly father. He is going to be a great big brother. These days he is surrounded by lots of little girls and I see a great gentleness in him towards them. I now know the Lord is preparing him for a baby sister. He loves to play dress up with his cousin Jolena and wear mommy's lipstick and make-up. I know he will out grow the dress up thing, but I can see him playing with his little sister one day just because she wants him to.
Clayton picked out this little outfit for his sister this week. (sorry for the sideways pic) The butterfly is on the butt, perfectly suiting since I love butterflies. He was so excited to show daddy the outfit when we got home. He said, "Look at the butt dad", as he was laughing.
So 17 weeks and counting for our baby girl to arrive. I just started to read a book a friend recommended to help us with this transition, From One Child To Two by Judy Dunn.

3 comments:

  1. I am SO excited for you! Having one of each is so special! Clayton is going to be a great big brother!

    Much love ~tara :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A GIRL!!! What a blessing!!!

    I second what you said about how God uses our children to help us love him and I would add learn how to receive his love. At least that's what I'm learning. Crazy that Clayton knew he was having a sister. Nya asked the other day if I was growing a brother for her and I'm not even pregnant!!! :) God knows my heart though, and I heard his whispers through her words. My heart if filled with joy each time I come by to see how you all are doing. God is good and I am blessed to know you and your family!
    love,
    Shanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! clayton is gonna be an awesome big brother! watching the brother/sister bond is pretty wonderful. and you look amazing danna! huge? i don't think YOU could be huge! i do wish you were here so we could strollerblade or walk together. i'm afraid this pregnancy isn't going to be as "active" as the last. boo. keep the belly pics comin!

    ReplyDelete