Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Clayton's Big Boy Room

We moved Clayton into his new room and out of his crib about a month ago. At first I didn't think he was ever going to adjust to his new bed. He asked to sleep in his baby crib several nights in a row. I took down the rail on the crib and finally got everything out of his old room and he settled in fine after a week. Now he doesn't even go in his old room; which we will soon be getting ready for the baby. He does great staying in his bed when it is time to go to sleep. Next we have to figure out how to break him from the binkie. Any suggestions?
His quilt is almost finished! I am hand stitching each square, which is time consuming, but it is the look that I want and I couldn't figure out how to machine stitch it. Once I get the hand stitching done, I just have to do the binding and I will be finished!
We painted his room a light blue. Brody built this shelf and we got a set of cubes from target for books and toys.

I made valances for the windows.
And painted some canvases and glued this cute car fabric on them that I found.
It is time to start on our baby girl's room next. I will post pictures soon! My wheels are spinning with ideas.

1 comment:

  1. you are SO creative!! I LOVE the shelf! We have the cubes for toys but not a cool shelf like that ;) Love it all and can't wait to see the baby girl's room ;)

    ReplyDelete