Monday, May 24, 2010

May

I can't believe May is almost gone! I had so many things on my to-do list and didn't get them all completed. On Sunday, I will have 7 weeks left to finish projects before our baby girl arrives. I still am not finished with Clayton's quilt, it has got put to the wayside since it takes time to work on. I am so exhausted these days and feel like I am barely above water in keeping up on daily duties let alone my list of projects. I am thankful for Clayton's naps because I often nap with him! And so thankful for my wonderful husband who provides for our family and also helps me out more than ever around the house right now.

May has been busy. Clayton and I traveled back to McCook the second week for my niece's choir concert. My SIL Kerri sang in our wedding 9 years ago and it was so awesome to get to hear the girls sing for the first time. They have amazing voices like their mom. I love music and am so inspired by it but have no talent in it.
For Mother's Day, we packed a picnic and headed to the zoo after church. Here I am at 30 weeks. My sweet boy was giving me a kiss. I love these benches they have there; I want one for my backyard!
Here are some projects I did complete this month! I took my old couch pillows and recovered them by using this envelope pattern I found online.
Brody put our fence up and also built this garden area for me for Mother's day. My aunt and uncle gave us the fencing that worked perfect around the garden to keep the dog out. I planted this weekend: tomatoes, peppers, green beans, cucumbers, squash and watermelon. Hopeful for good produce soon!
I made these little clutch purses for my sisters. The cute flower tutorial I found at MamaLovesPapa. These were a fast project and turned out so cute! I can't wait to make more.

My Aunt and I also had a garage sale this month. It was the most successful garage sale I have ever had! It feels so good to have cleaned out and feel organized right down to the closet and storage totes. I can now say we are officially unpacked.
We painted the nursery this weekend and I will post pictures soon! I am full of ideas and so excited to decorate it! I am also going to try and make some cute skirts like this these for birthday gifts and finally finish Clayton's quilt. So much to do and so little time. This weekend we are heading to our family cabin in Cambridge. Looking forward to relaxing and finishing some books I have been reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment