Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Motherhood

God created me to be a mother, he gave me the gift to love and nuture his child, but he forgot to leave me any instructions on discipline. Clayton went from a baby one day to a toddler the next and now I feel like all I ever say is "No Clayton", "Get out of there Clayton". You can guess what his new favorite word is, "No"! He says no to everything even when he means yes. If you ask him if he wants to go outside, he will say "no" and run to the front door with a smile on his face.
There is a sweet side of Clayton that he must have got from his mother, right? He loves to give kisses and say "hi" and "bye" to everyone. This last weekend we left him with my Aunt Rose and Uncle Don and they said he was a very good boy. I am thankful for these times where I know I must be doing something right as a mother.

We spent Mother's Day at the Sacramento Zoo with our friend's Jenna, Justin, Elliana and Tucker, her sister, niece, and parents. Thanks Jenna for the nice family photo you took of us! This was Clayton's first trip to the zoo and he loved all the animals.

Here is a picture of the boys, Tucker and Clayton, with their daddy's. They were staying out of trouble on their shoulders. Tucker is Clayton's best buddy. They are two months apart and keep their momma's busy!

1 comment: