Saturday, May 30, 2009

Roughin it

Last minute, we decided to go camping with the other thousands of people memorial weekend. This was our first camping trip with Clayton. We didn't know where we were going to camp or if we would even find a spot. We just took a chance (I prayed real hard that I wouldn't get upset if we drove around all day and found nothing). My prayers were answered, we found the last camping spot at buck's lake and this is the view we got to enjoy. Too bad I couldn't have been in the picture, this would have made a great Christmas card (maybe I will have to photo shop myself in). We had so much fun! It was so nice to thoroughly enjoy my family and not let my mind wander with what needed to be done around the house or what we were doing for dinner. Brody tried fishing a little, Farrah enjoyed swimming and Clayton had fun playing with sticks, building a sand castle with daddy, and walking in the water. I enjoyed the beauty of it all and of course keeping Clayton from getting hurt. He managed to burn his hand on the firepit, hit his head a couple of times and came home full of slivers in his hands and feet. I am suprised we haven't had an ER visit yet with this boy!
Clayton enjoyed his first smore! He says it was "num,num"!

Our two children hanging out in the sticks. These two are equal work, the only difference is we can put Farrah in her kennel or chain her up when she is causing trouble. Three days of camping was about enough for me without a shower!



No comments:

Post a Comment